Summer is here and that only means one thing, fresh summer produce! If you love fresh fruits and vegetables, check out one of Long Island’s many “U-Pick” farms on the east end! With a wide variety of choices ranging from blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, and more, you and your family are sure to find something you all love!
Lewin’s farm on Sound Avenue in Calverton offers many fun, family activities along with their “U-Pick” farm experience.
Even if you don’t feel like picking your own produce, Lewin’s offers a huge farm stand of already picked fresh produce right at your fingertips.
While there, make sure to take a drive down Sound Avenue and see what other farms and stands can offer you.
Its summer fun for the whole family, don’t miss out on this year’s summer picking season.
812 Sound Avenue
Calverton, NY 11933
Written by: Amanda Haase
Looking for a twist on your weekend breakfast/brunch?
Try Amanda’s recipe for Cheese and Blueberry Danish
What you need:
- 1 package (8 oz.) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 oz. package of cream cheese
- Sugar to taste
- ½ cup of Blueberries
How to make it:
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Unroll the crescent rolls onto a greased baking sheet
- Use two triangle pieces to make one square (you will have four at the end)
- Pinch the seams to hold the dough together
- In a bowl, mix the softened cream cheese and sugar until it is as sweet as you like
- Spread a spoonful of cream cheese onto the dough and top with a handful of blueberries
- Bring opposite corners of rectangles together and press together to seal.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown