The Summer Season is a fun time to enjoy the outdoors and all the activities that come with the warm weather.
If you’re planning to take a trip to your local water park, be sure to follow these important safety tips to help ensure the safety of yourself and other:
- Children under 48″, non-swimmers, and weak swimmers should wear a Coast Guard approved life vest while enjoying water park attractions.
- Children in diapers should be dressed in waterproof swim diapers to minimize leakage.
- Children should not ride attractions that are not suitable for their height, weight or age.
- Keep an eye on your children and make sure you know where they are at all times.
- Dress appropriately, and be sure to bring a dry pair of clothing to change into once you have had enough sun for the day.
- Apply waterproof sunscreen before leaving home and be sure to reapply throughout the day.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Read the signs at every attraction and listen to all audio instructions provided by recordings or staff.
- Follow the lifeguards’ instructions and signal them if you or someone else is in trouble.
- If your group plans to split up, be sure to use the buddy system. This is an excellent way to make sure no one is left behind.
Enjoy your summer season safely!
Written by: Amanda Haase